Finally, I made the stencil of my university snow team’s logo for the snowboard.
This was much harder than I had anticipated, but was a lot of fun!
First, I printed out the logo and pasted it to a plastic sheet. Then I used a scalpel to carefully cut out the letters and snowflake – soooo delicate! I had to sticky tape some parts back on in the end haha but after a LOT of trial and error, it came out pretty awesome!!
The trick is to make sure the paint doesn’t bleed underneath the stencil, so using just the right amount of paint and holding it down firmly is super important! 🙂
Ive been enjoying Chris Piascik’s work and so was inspired to decorate the front of my diary in a similar style (KEEP OUT MUM! :P)
Ive also taken a quick break from comics over the summer and have been trying my hand at some other art forms. Here’s some Mario Bros keyrings/necklaces I made from polymer clay! 😀
Finally, Ive also been working on painting an old snowboard for my university snow team (LUST). Here’s the beginning of the work – I have cleaned off the old stickers, filled the cracks and painted it white. I plan to cover it in cartoons with black marker, and stencil on our logo in red. so I’ll be updating this project over the next month 🙂